Tips for New Students
At Arkansas Yoga Collective we welcome all students regardless of experience, flexibility or limitations. Here are a few tips for your first class:
- Please remove shoes before entering the practice space.
- Come 5-15 minutes early for your classes, so you can take your time to settle in. Feel free to introduce yourself to the teacher and discuss and concerns you might have.
- Wear comfortable clothes such as sweats, leggings, t-shirts, tank tops. No shoes will be needed.
- Bring a water bottle. We have pitchers of ice water and ice-less water in the lobby as well as Mountain Valley glass-bottled spring water available for purchase.
- Mats and props are available for use in the studio (no extra charge,) however, you are encouraged to bring your own mat if you have one.
- Please tell the instructor about any ongoing injuries, pregnancy, or medical conditions before the start of class.
- Turn your cell phone OFF. We have an area inside the practice room to store personal belongings, so we request that cell phones be silenced for the duration of the class.
- E-mail other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to relax and have fun!